I, Baran Keki, owner of Turkolocal, treat the privacy and security of my clients’ data very seriously, and take necessary security measures to safeguard your privacy.
As a freelance translator providing services to the clients located in the EU, I am fully committed to complying with the requirements of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) that came into force on 25 May 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy and my privacy practices please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Do I Process Your Personal Data?
I collect, store, and use certain personally identifiable information that can be used to identify you via email, telephone or contact form in order to:
- prepare quotes,
- prepare and sign NDAs,
- provide translation or proofreading services,
- prepare for interpreting assignments,
- issue invoices,
- comply with legal requirements.
The personal data thus collected may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, national insurance number, and VAT number. Personal data may also include banking details or information on documents sent for the express purpose of translation, proofreading, or of issuing invoices. All data is processed on a password-protected computer that is protected by an antivirus software.
I do not use your personal data for marketing purposes, nor do I disclose it to unauthorized third parties other than those linguists that I collaborate with. As a sole trader, I may use your contact details to let you know of my availability, when I am out of office or to update you about professional changes.
The Legal Basis on which I Collect any Personal Data
I do not collect any personal data about my clients unless it is required for the performance of my contract with you, or you have given me your consent. Such data is usually provided to me by you when you approach me with a request to deal with a translation, proofreading or editing project.
Who May Have Access to Your Personal Data?
Your personal data may be shared with two of my GDPR-compliant colleagues whom I regularly work with and who sign an NDA to translate your texts or proofread my work. I only work with a couple of trusted colleagues that I can completely vouch for, and for this reason I do not hire other translators or proofreaders.
My website and email hosting providers may also have access to your personal data. However, such companies are also compliant with GDPR.
Visitors to my website are not obliged to provide personal data. Nevertheless, anyone interested in my services can contact me via the contact information provided, and some personal data has to be collected in order to establish communication.
Security of Your Personal Data
- All information that I hold concerning my clients will be held and processed by me strictly in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR 2016/679.
- Your personal information will be securely stored for no longer than is necessary for the reasons for which it was first collected in my database in the form of paper and electronic files. All electronic files will be deleted from my computer upon the client’s request.
- I protect the privacy of your information using a secure PC system that is not part of a network and does not include a remote server.
- Since I do not use Machine Translation plug-ins, parts from your translated texts will not be shared with any third party data processing facilities.
- The equipment used for storing and processing personal data is updated as frequently as possible.
- All electronic systems in use for storing or processing personal information are password protected.
- Anti-virus software is installed on the equipment used for storing and processing personal data, to prevent the theft or destruction of this information. This anti-virus software is regularly updated.
- Firewalls are in place on all devices used for storing or processing personal data, to avoid remote unlawful third-party access.
- No such information is stored in the cloud.
- Your information will not be transferred to any other location.
Subject to certain legal limitations, you have the right to request:
- access to your personal data at any time
- to rectify or remove the information I hold
- that I restrict the use of your personal data
- to object to the processing of your personal data
- to withdraw your consent of my use of your personal data at any time. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of my use and processing of your data based consent made prior to such withdrawal.
I also use the following third-party Service Provider for monitoring website traffic and SEO purposes:
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of my services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to other Websites
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party website or service.
Review of this Policy
I keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in February 2019.